Zulayka Adamson
Reflection on teaching
Prior to learning about the various forms of
Information and Communication Technologies, I was not aware of the many
advances within education through technology. After almost 10 years outside of
the classroom, I’m amazed at the new teaching methods and applications that’ve
been developed to promote a fun and engaging classroom. During my observation
with Ms. Amber at Amber Charter School in East Harlem, each class that I had
the opportunity to sit in on had many technological components, I couldn’t help
but be jealous at how much fun students were having learning and how websites
like BrainPop, Edmondo, Blogger and Voki play a vital role in their learning.
With the many advances in technology, I can’t
help but think that the future of learning in a physical classroom may be
extinct in the next century. Students will no longer have to come into the
classrooms to participate on a learning platform. The ability to conference in
through a lecture and the use of educational accordance that promote a collaborative
learning environment and mobile learning which provides teachers the tools
needed to create the next wave of innovative leaders. In order for teachers to
keep up with the many changes in curriculum design and technological advances, I
think it is imperative that teachers network and engage in panel discussions
and utilize the key prep periods to chat with their coworkers.
Common core curriculum has received numerous revision
and with the current political climate, I’m quite certain there will be several
adjustments to the learning process. As I
think about the near future and my opportunity to get into the classroom and
exercise the brains
of
my future students, I’m excited to know that new literacies such as podcasting,
blogging and video making without a doubt will be a part of my curriculum. I
believe these literacies provide the opportunity for students who normally don’t
have a voice in the classroom an opportunity to shine academically. In addition,
students who require additional support academically get the opportunity to receive
additional support along the way. Through the help of technology, we are not
only teaching students the curriculum, we are providing them an opportunity to
hone in on skills they didn’t know they had and developing possible skills they
may use in their future careers.
Very nice! I agree on the points of technology allows student to have a voice.
ReplyDelete